Sunday, October 13, 2013



Oreo Rice Krispie Treats



Rice krispie treats have been my favorite sweet for as long as I can remember. There is nothing like that marshmallowy and buttery crunch. My cabinets are always stocked with a bag a marshmallows and a box of cereal, ready for my frequent rice krispie treat cravings. Normally you would find me eating my treat straight out of the pot with a giant spoon, but for the sake of pretty pictures, I cut them nicely into their classic square shape. Your welcome. 

Ingredients

5 1/2 cups rice krispie cereal
15-20 oreos (your preference)
3 tablespoons butter
6 cups mini marshmallows

1. Crush oreo cookies in large plastic bag then mix with cereal. 
2. Melt butter and marshmallows together over medium heat, stirring constantly until completely combined.
3. Take off heat then mix cereal and oreos into melted marshmallow until completely combined. 
4. Butter a large dish then pour in mixture, spreading evenly with a spatula. 
5. Let cool for about 30 minutes then cut into squares.



No comments:

Post a Comment